Learning Assessments are a reimagining of the legacy Test Engine experience. The first phase of this multi-release project was introduced with the February ’20 Release, and Learning Assessments functionality has continued to evolve during subsequent releases.
The expansion of the Learning Assessments open beta continues with the addition of assessment versioning. Assessments can now exist in the following three states:
- Current Version
- Older Version
Two types of changes can be made to current versions of assessments:
- Textual (does not require new version)
- Structural (requires new version)
In addition, a Question Bank for assessment questions will be made available, along with a Categories Home page. This functionality will allow administrators to create, manage, and categorize assessment questions which can be used in multiple assessments. This functionality will be made available during a post-release patch. Additional release documentation will be provided for these features at that time.
Learning Assessment functionality is currently only available in Stage portals.
Because the Learning Assessments project remains in an open beta status, this functionality continues to only be available in Stage portals, and the following features included in the legacy Test Engine experience are NOT currently supported for Learning Assessments:
- Reporting beyond assessment completion, such as a timing report, item analysis, and Reporting 2.0 features
- Dynamic assignment
- Inclusion of assessments in curricula
- Using assessments as pre-work or post-work
- Transcript actions beyond launching and reviewing
- Images within assessments
- Essay question type
- Essay grading and the grader workflow
- Subject association
- Question categories
- Question bank
- Migration tools
- Bulk upload tools
- Bulk actions
The above list is not a fully comprehensive list of exclusions. Any feature not listed as available for assessments is not currently supported.
The following features are currently out of scope for assessments accessed via the Learn app:
- Searching for assessments using the Learn app's Search functionality
- Timed assessments
Learning Assessments functionality is in an open beta status, and is only available in Stage portals. Learning Assessments are automatically available in Stage portals with the Test Engine enabled, to administrators with permission to manage the Test Engine. Note: Learning Assessments functionality and Test Engine functionality can currently both be active in the portal at the same time.
If Learning Assessments have been activated by an administrator, assessments can be accessed via the Learn app by learners. Learners can download the latest version of the Cornerstone Learn app from Google Play or the App store in order to access assessments in their Stage portal. This functionality applies to iOS version 1.56 and Android version 2.1.8.
For more information about earlier phases of this beta project, released in February 2020, August 2020, October 2020, and February 2021, please see the below documentation:
- Learning Assessments Beta Overview - See Learning Assessments - Admin Experience (Open Beta) - Overview.
- Assessments Home - See Assessments Home.
- Create Assessments - See Create Assessments.
- End User Experience of Assessments - See Assessments - End User Experience - Overview.
- Assigning Assessments - See Learning Assessments (Open Beta) - Learning Assignment Tool.
The following new permission applies to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Learning Assessments - Manage||
Grants access to Learning Assessments (Beta) functionality, which allows administrators to create, edit, publish, and delete assessments in Stage portals only. This permission also allows administrators to delete users' assessment attempts.
|Learning - Administration|