When editing a feedback template, some fields have been renamed and additional fields have been added to better support the feedback functionality.
To manage capabilities feedback templates, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|User Ratings||For end users, this permission grants ability to perform ratings and view ratings. For administrators, this permission is required along with the specific user ratings administration permissions to edit rating scales or templates. This permission cannot be constrained.||Core Administration|
New Field: How is feedback initiated?
A new How is feedback initiated? radio button field is now available on the General Settings page. This field enables administrators to specify whether the corresponding feedback template is used to request feedback from another person or if it is used by users to initiate and provide unsolicited feedback. Depending on which option is selected, additional configurations may be available for the template. The following options are available:
- Request - Select this option if the feedback template allows users to request feedback from another user. When this option is selected, additional settings are available to allow the administrator to provide a name and instructions that are specific for the user requesting the feedback.
- Unsolicited - Select this option if the feedback template allows users to initiate and provide unsolicited feedback for another user.
Existing templates will retain their settings, and a Request or Unsolicited setting will be selected based on the other template settings. If a template was previously used for Request and Unsolicited feedback, there are now two separate templates in its place, one for Request and one for Unsolicited feedback. This enables administrators to tailor the template instructions for each type of feedback.
Any existing request links are not impacted by this change.
New Fields for Request Feedback Templates
When Request is selected in the How is feedback initiated? field, the following additional fields are now available:
- Template Name for Requestor - In this field, specify the title text that will appear when users are choosing a template to request feedback. This title should help the requester select the appropriate template.
- Description for Requestor - In this field, provide a description of the template that will appear when users are choosing a template to request feedback. The description should help the requester select the appropriate template.
- Request Target User Type - In this field, select whether the feedback template is used to request feedback about the requester or about the request recipient. The following options are available:
- Feedback about the requester - Select this option if the template is used to request feedback about the user who is requesting the feedback. When this option is selected, the Rater Relation drop-down is set to Anyone (excluding self).
- Feedback about the request recipient - Select this option if the template is used to request feedback about the request recipient. When this option is selected, the Rater Relation drop-down is set to Self.
Note: These fields are not available for Unsolicited feedback templates because there is no requester for this feedback interaction.
Renamed Fields on General Settings
The following fields have been renamed to support different templates and descriptions for the requester and the rater of feedback:
- Display Name is renamed to Template Name for Rater. This change is to more clearly indicate that this field is what the rater will see on the introduction page before providing feedback.
- Instructions is renamed to Instructions for Rater. This change is to more clearly indicate that this field is the instructions that the rater will see on the introduction page before providing feedback.
New Feature Connector: Request Builder
A new Request Builder feature connector is now available on the Feature Connectors page. This feature connector enables users to initiate a feedback request using the corresponding template via the request builder in My Feedback Requests. The request target user type for the template is set in the General Settings. When initiating a feedback request, the requester can select which users are included in their request and which skills are being evaluated in the request.