Enhancements are being made across multiple areas of the Recruiting solution to ensure that candidates and recruiters who are using screen readers can perform the same actions as those who are not using one.
List of Enhancements
The following accessibility enhancements are made to filters on mobile-friendly career sites:
- Filter panel section collapse links have visible focus indicators, including underlined text links and outlined icon links.
- Aria-expanded and aria-hidden attributes are added to the necessary elements to alert screen readers to the status changes of the content.
The following accessibility enhancements are made to the My Profile page for both internal and external career sites:
- Header text has been placed into header elements. Previously, headers were span elements.
The following accessibility enhancements are made to the Connect With Us functionality for career sites:
- The Delete icon has been changed from an image to an icon-font icon.
- The color of the Delete icon has been changed to #595959 to meet color contrast standards.
The following accessibility enhancement is made to form questions for standard application workflows:
- All form questions have proper labels or fieldsets with legends.
The following accessibility enhancements are made to Manage Candidates:
- A text label is added to the icon buttons Expand Filter Section and Collapse Filter Section.
- When clicking the and buttons with the mouse or a keyboard, a lack of focus issue has been fixed.
- Added aria-label to each filter section search box, which improves the user experience for both sighted and less sighted users.
- Added aria role=status to dashboard widget containers.
- Added aria-label of "More Actions" for screen reader users on both Manage Candidates page and the candidate's profile.
- Visually hidden text is added to table header, which can be read by a screen reader.
- Tabindex=0, role=button, and keyboard handler (for Enter and Space keys) are added to flag elements.
- Tabindex=0, role=button, and a keyboard handler (for Enter and Space keys) are added to make the widgets keyboard accessible.
- The tab order is now logical as a result of using conditional rendering instead of flexbox order to reorder elements for mobile and desktop views.
- Added aria-expanded and aria-hidden to necessary elements to alert a screen reader that the element status has changed.
- Changed input border color to meet standards.
- Replaced role=presentation with aria-disabled=true on the navigation arrow buttons of the pagination component.
These enhancements will be on by default and are being rolled out in patches, concluding with the July ’21 release.