Login pages are the front door to Cornerstone portals. Custom login pages are often an extension of an organization’s brand or corporate identity.
Prior to this enhancement, creating or modifying a custom login page required the involvement of engineers, consultants, and project managers. It could take several weeks to create a new page or update an existing page.
With this enhancement, a Custom Login Page tool is now available. Any customer who wishes to have a branded login page can create their own login page, which they can modify whenever the need arises. There is no added cost for creating custom login pages using the tool, and the tool is available to all Cornerstone customers.
The Custom Login Page tool can be used in the following use cases:
- Multi-brand customization - Offer unique login pages for different brands within an organization.
- Extended Enterprise - Tailor the login experience for customer organizations.
- Timeliness - Organizations can create or modify their login page and activate it based on their schedule.
The Custom Login Page tool is easy to use. Pre-defined templates and customizable settings allow administrators to create custom login pages, make minor changes, and immediately deploy these pages when they are ready. An organization can have several login pages and define one as the default. All custom login pages are maintained in a central location, located in Core Preferences. Custom login pages created using the tool are mobile responsive for an optimal user experience across all devices.
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
This functionality provides the ability to create and manage login pages without requiring a project contract or work order.
- Legacy login pages are not migrated.
- Localization of a single login page is not supported but may become available in a future release. The current solution is to design a page for each desired language. There is no limit to how many pages can be created.
- FAQs and additional considerations can be found in this Knowledge Article.
This functionality is automatically available to the default system administrator role for all organizations. This functionality is controlled by the new Custom Login Page - Manage permission. The Custom Login Pages functionality can be found in Core Preference under Cross-Platform Preferences.
The following new permission applies to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Custom Login Page - Manage||Grants access to create and edit custom login pages for the portal. Administrators with this permission can also enable or disable a custom login page and identify the default login page. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
Upon release, the new Custom Login Page - Manage permission is automatically granted to the default System Administrator role. Administrators must grant this permission with the appropriate constraints to other roles, if necessary.