Compare Skills - Overview
Managers need a conversation starter and guide around skills when having development conversations with their employees. Employees need a central view of all their skill ratings for self-reflection and calibration.
The new Compare Skills page brings all the latest ratings from the Skill Profile into a central place, revealing an employee's latent or under-appreciated strengths, preferences, or priorities.
Compare Skills displays the latest ratings from multiple dimensions/sources while respecting visibility settings for ratings:
- Most recent self-ratings on Enjoyment, Interest, and Proficiency
- Average of the most recent proficiency ratings from each manager
- Average of the most recent proficiency ratings from each other user (not self or managers)
Predefined sorts make it easy to see highest overall self-ratings across dimensions, emerging skills, highest proficiency, and more. Employee can see Compare Skills on their own Skills Profile while a manager can also see Compare Skills for their direct reports. For each skill in the table, employees can view their Feedback History, and if configured, request feedback and rate proficiency, interest, and enjoyment.
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
This enhancement provides a centralized view of an employee’s skill ratings that highlights strengths, preferences, and priorities.
- The Compare Skills option is only available when a user views their own Skills Profile or their direct subordinate's profile.
- The logged in user can only view ratings according to the visibility settings for each rating.
- Ratings are displayed as the percentage out of the maximum score available. Cornerstone is considering showing the Rating Score Label (Advanced, Expert, etc.) in a future enhancement.
- If a user does not have ratings for certain dimensions, such as Interest or Enjoyment, the sorts that use those dimensions are not shown.
Administrators can enable or disable Compare Skills in their portal via the new Skills Profile Preferences. See Skills Profile Preferences.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Capabilities - Skills Profile - View||Grants ability to view an employee Skills Profile. Users who have this permission may view the Skills Profile for anyone in the organization. However, individual ratings have privacy settings that control visibility within the Skills Profile. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an end user permission.||Core Administration|
|User Rating Templates - Manage||
Grants ability to manage feedback templates for capabilities. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.
This permission only works when used in conjunction with the User Rating permission.
|User Ratings||For end users, this permission grants ability to perform ratings and view ratings. For administrators, this permission is required along with the specific user ratings administration permissions to edit rating scales or templates. This permission cannot be constrained.||Core Administration|