Capabilities General Availability (GA)
Previously, during the Early Adopter phase, Capabilities required manual self-enablement to access.
With the July '21 Release, Capabilities is Generally Available. The additional step to enable Capabilities for all customers via Feature Activation Preferences is no longer required. By default, Capabilities will be enabled for users in the System Administrator role to access and configure for their organizations. Additionally, the Capabilities Enablement Setting in Corporate Preferences to "Automatically generate suggested skills for every active user" can now be run more than once. Previously this could only be run upon enablement.
Also during the Early Adopter phase, Universal Profile had a link to Skills, which redirected the user out of their profile into a separate area. With the General Availability release for Capabilities, the Skills Profile is fully embedded in Universal Profile. Clicking Skills to access their Skills Profile no longer navigates users out of Universal Profile. Instead, when viewing the Skills Profile, the Universal Profile header is visible, including the avatar, user name, and menu links.
The following new functionality is included with the July '21 General Availability announcement:
- Removal of the Feature Activation Step
- On By Default for System Administrators
- Skills Profile Fully Embedded in Universal Profile (UP)
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
All customers will have Capabilities enabled automatically for administrators.
This functionality is automatically enabled for users in the System Administrator role to access and configure for their organization. The following areas are impacted by this change:
- If an organization has not enabled Capabilities in the past, Capabilities is now enabled and certain administrator pages are visible to users in the System Administrator role.
- If an organization has previously enabled Capabilities in the past, it is still enabled in their portal.
- The previous enablement checkbox in Corporate Preferences is no longer available. However, the Capabilities Enablement section still includes the following two checkboxes which are unchecked by default: