In the Cornerstone system, users can generate an exception request when they request a session for which they have not met the prerequisites. If the administrator requires a prerequisite to be satisfied before the user registers, the user can generate an exception request if the requirement is not satisfied at the time of the request.
Prior to this enhancement, it was not possible to disable exception requests for sessions.
With this enhancement, an option is added to ILT Preferences, the Events > Session Defaults tab, and the Sessions > Session Details tab to give administrators the flexibility to disable users' ability to generate exception requests when they request a session for which they have not yet satisfied a required prerequisite.
How Does This Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
- Disabling the ability for users to generate exception requests eliminates current behavior that leads users to raise exception requests in an attempt to bypass prerequisites they have not completed.
- Users will have mandatory learning activities prior to the session when they cannot bypass prerequisites.
- Reduces confusion from users who think they are registered for a session after submitting an exception request, as well as the work required to communicate to users that they are not approved to attend the session without completing the prerequisites first.
- Workarounds via curricula with sequencing rules will no longer be necessary to ensure prerequisites requirements are met.
- If a session has a required prerequisite and exception requests are not allowed for the session, users will need to complete the session's prerequisite before they can register for the session. See Learner Workflow.
- This enhancement does not apply to users who do not meet the availability requirements of the session, which are configured on the Availability tab of the session.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|ILT Preferences - Manage||Grants ability to configure a variety of default settings that apply to new instructor led training events and sessions. This permission can be constrained by OU and User's OU. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Sessions - Create||
Grants ability to create new instructor led training sessions. This permission works in conjunction with Events - View and Sessions - View permissions. Administrators can only create sessions for events for which they have the availability to view. When adding users to a session in which the session roster is full, this permission grants the ability to increase the session's available seats. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, Instructor, User as Instructor, Facility, Facilities Owned by User, ILT Provider, User's ILT Provider, User, and User Self and Subordinates. This is an administrator permission.
Note: The "Restrict to User as Instructor" constraint is available, but it does not actually constrain the permission.
|Learning - Administration|