In 2019, a redesigned Learning Details page was released as an Early Adopter enhancement. As of the August 2020 release, the Learning Details page was removed from Early Adopter status and became generally available. All portals were auto-upgraded to the redesigned Learning Details page for supported training types during the February 2021 release.
With the April 2021 release, the following enhancements have been made to the redesigned Learning Details page:
- Resources configured for instructor-led training (ILT) sessions display to users on the Session flyout of the Learning Details page - See Learning Details Enhancements - Resources.
- Withdrawal penalties configured for ILT sessions display to users on the Session flyout of the Learning Details page - See Learning Details Enhancements - Withdrawal Penalties.
The redesigned Learning Details page is available for the following training types:
The following training types are NOT currently scheduled to be updated to the new Learning Details page design:
- Observation Checklists
- Quick Courses
Exclusions and Considerations
The following Learning Details exclusions apply to ALL supported training types:
- Anonymous Browsing for EXE users is not yet supported. This means that any configured self-registration workflows will continue to direct to the legacy Learning Details page.
- No training types can be added to a Training Plan via the Learning Details page
The following Learning Details exclusions apply to VIDEO training items only:
- Video preview functionality is not supported
The following Learning Details exclusions apply to CURRICULUM training items only:
- Child training description, price, and transcript status are not supported on the Learning Details page
- Display of sections, beyond one level of nesting, are not supported.
The following Learning Details considerations apply to EVENTS and SESSIONS only:
- Session Details - Sessions no longer have a dedicated Details page. Session details are now found in the Session flyout when the link is clicked for a session
- Sessions Display - The Upcoming Sessions list for an event now displays all sessions available to the user. The ability to view sessions that are not available to the user is not supported.
- Map view is not supported on the Learning Details page.
- link - This link, which is available for the legacy Event Details page, is NOT available when viewing the new Learning Details page for an event
- Add to Waitlist - Users are no longer prompted with a pop-up to confirm whether they want to be added to the waitlist. Instead, they can access a link, which if clicked, immediately places them on the waitlist and redirects them to their transcript page
This functionality is automatically available in all portals using the Learning module.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Sessions - Edit||Grants ability to edit/update existing instructor led training sessions. This permission works in conjunction with Events - View and Sessions - View permissions. Administrators can only edit sessions for which they have the availability to view and edit. When adding users to a session in which the session roster is full, this permission grants the ability to increase the session's available seats. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, Instructor, User as Instructor, Facility, Facilities Owned by User, ILT Provider, User's ILT Provider, User, and User Self and Subordinates. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Sessions - View||
Grants view-only access to instructor led training sessions, enabling the user to view all details/options that were selected when the session was created. This permission works in conjunction with the Events - View permission. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, Instructor, Facility, Facilities Owned by User, ILT Provider, User's ILT Provider, User, User as Instructor, and User Self and Subordinates. This is an administrator permission.
|Learning - Administration|
|LO Attachments - View||Grants ability to view the learning object attachments that are set to be available to administrators. This permission can be constrained by User's ILT Provider, Provider, and ILT Provider. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|