Prior to this enhancement, the provider could not be changed when editing events. The provider could only be changed by submitting a work order.
With this enhancement, new preferences are added to the Corporate Settings section in ILT Preferences to enable administrators to change the event's primary and secondary provider, as well as to enable the provider to be defined when creating sessions.
Both traditional classroom and vILT events and sessions are supported with this enhancement. Changes to provider are visible in the event’s modification history.
Note on Terminology: The term "vendor" is used on events, and the term "provider" is used on sessions and in ILT Preferences. These terms have the same meaning in Instructor Led Training.
- An administrator creates an event but realizes afterward that they selected the wrong vendor. They need to update the Primary Vendor field on the Properties step of the event to include the correct vendor.
- An administrator creates an event but realizes afterward that they forgot to include a secondary vendor. The secondary vendor is needed because this training can be offered either in-person or virtually, and only the secondary vendor offers virtual sessions. The administrator needs to populate the Secondary Vendor field on the Properties step of the event to correct this omission.
- This enhancement only applies to changing the provider via Manage Events & Sessions and does not apply to other areas of the system where events can be edited.
- Changing the provider empties the primary/secondary preferred Instructors for the event that were selected with the previous provider.
- Changing the provider at the event level does not impact existing sessions, nor does it impact any instructors for the sessions that were tied to the old provider.
- Sessions created by copying an existing session inherit the provider and instructors of the copied session even if it is a provider no longer associated with the event.
- When the new ILT Preference Enable to select provider when creating sessions is enabled, newly created sessions can be associated with either the new provider or a provider previously associated with the event. This supports use cases where a session is created for a date in the past, when the previous provider was still the provider associated with the event.
- Because it is possible that some sessions of an event are tied to one provider and some sessions of the same event are tied to a different provider, reporting on the event may be impacted, particularly when applying filters on providers in a report.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|ILT Preferences - Manage||Grants ability to configure a variety of default settings that apply to new instructor led training events and sessions. This permission can be constrained by OU and User's OU. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Sessions - Create||
Grants ability to create new instructor led training sessions. This permission works in conjunction with Events - View and Sessions - View permissions. Administrators can only create sessions for events for which they have the availability to view. When adding users to a session in which the session roster is full, this permission grants the ability to increase the session's available seats. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, Instructor, User as Instructor, Facility, Facilities Owned by User, ILT Provider, User's ILT Provider, User, and User Self and Subordinates. This is an administrator permission.
Note: The "Restrict to User as Instructor" constraint is available, but it does not actually constrain the permission.
|Learning - Administration|