Password Preferences - Default Password
With this enhancement, Password Preferences is enhanced to enable administrators to manage their portal's default password settings.
To manage Password Preferences, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
Default Password Management Tab
The Default Password Management tab enables organizations to view and set the default password and the lifespan of that password.
The Default Password Management tab displays the following information about the current default password:
- Default Password - This displays the current default password.
- Lifespan - This displays how long the default password is valid before a new default password must be set.
- Expiration Date - This displays the date on which the default password will expire based on the specified lifespan.
Change Default Password
Select thebutton to change the default password and set the lifespan for that password.
Enter the following information:
- Password - Enter the new default password.
- Confirm Password - Enter the new default password a second time to confirm it is entered correctly.
- Lifespan - Enter how long the default password is valid before a new default password must be set.
- Reason for Change - Specify why you are changing the default password.
Export to Excel
Select the button to export the list of users who are impacted by the default password change. This includes the user's first name, last name, user ID, and email address. This information can then be used to notify the respective users of the password change.