In 2019, a redesigned Learning Details page was released as an Early Adopter enhancement. As of the August 2020 release, the Learning Details page was removed from Early Adopter status and became generally available. All portals were auto-upgraded to the redesigned Learning Details page, though administrators could still disable the page manually for supported training types.
With the February 2021 release, any portals not yet using the redesigned Learning Details page are auto-upgraded to the new Learning Details page for all supported training types, and administrators no longer have the ability to disable the Learning Details page manually. Note: An exception to this auto-upgrade is that Extended Enterprise users accessing the Learning Details page through anonymous browsing will still see the legacy Learning Details page instead of the new Learning Details page, despite the auto-upgrade.
In addition, the following enhancements have been made to the redesigned Learning Details page:
- Event prices now display on the Learning Details page - See Learning Details - Event Price Display.
- Session custom fields can be viewed from the Session flyout of the Learning Details page - See Learning Details - Session Custom Fields.
- Improved transcript messaging - See Learning Details - Improved Transcript Messaging.
- Improvements for training with recurrence - See Learning Details - Training with Recurrence.
- Inventory can be purchased for other users via the Learning Details page - See Learning Details - Inventory Purchase.
- Post-work behavior correction - See Learning Details - Post-work Behavior Correction.
- Ratings and reviews can be deleted - See Learning Details - Delete Ratings and Reviews.
The redesigned Learning Details page is available for the following training types:
The following training types are NOT currently scheduled to be updated to the new Learning Details page design:
- Observation Checklists
- Quick Courses
Exclusions and Considerations
The following Learning Details exclusions apply to ALL supported training types:
- Anonymous Browsing for EXE users is not yet supported. This means that any configured self-registration workflows will continue to direct to the legacy Learning Details page. Note: Due to this, EXE users accessing the Learning Details page through anonymous browsing will still see the legacy Learning Details page instead of the new Learning Details page, despite the auto-upgrade.
- No training types can be added to a Training Plan via the Learning Details page
The following Learning Details exclusions apply to VIDEO training items only:
- Video preview functionality is not supported
The following Learning Details exclusions apply to CURRICULUM training items only:
- Child training description, price, and transcript status are not supported on the Learning Details page
- Display of sections, beyond one level of nesting, are not supported.
The following Learning Details considerations apply to EVENTS and SESSIONS only:
- Session Details - Session details are found in the Session flyout when the link is clicked for a session
- Sessions Display - The Upcoming Sessions list for an event now displays all sessions available to the user. The ability to view sessions that are not available to the user is not supported.
Roster access for learners is not supported on the Learning Details page. This can be accessed instead via Transcript Details.
- Map view is not supported on the Learning Details page.
- link - This link, which is available for the legacy Event Details page, is NOT available when viewing the new Learning Details page for an event
- Add to Waitlist - Users are no longer prompted with a pop-up to confirm whether they want to be added to the waitlist. Instead, they can access a link, which if clicked, immediately places them on the waitlist and redirects them to their transcript page
All portals using the Learning module are automatically upgraded to the redesigned Learning Details page for all supported training types. As of the Feb 2021 release, this upgrade cannot be reversed or disabled.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Course Reviews and Ratings - Manage||Grants ability to delete other users' reviews/ratings. This is an administrator permission.||eCommerce - Administration|
|Inventory - Manage||Grants ability to purchase multiple learning object licenses with the intent to assign that training to other users at a later time. This permission can be constrained by OU and User's OU.||eCommerce|