With this enhancement, in portals using Extended Enterprise functionality, any user with permission to purchase inventory for other users is able to purchase training licenses for other users via the Learning Details page. This purchased training can then be assigned to other users at a later time.
To purchase inventory, follow these steps:
- Search for and select the training item. See Search for Training.
- The Learning Details page displays information about the training item. Click the Actions drop-down menu and select the Add to Cart option. If you are purchasing instructor-led training (ILT) inventory, next to the appropriate session, click the link in the Options column.
- A pop-up appears where you can choose to purchase the training for yourself or for inventory. Select the Others: Pre-Purchase option and specify the number of users you are purchasing. Click .
- The item is added to the shopping cart with the specified number of users listed in the Quantity column. You can update this amount here if necessary. See Shopping Cart - Overview.
- Continue through the Checkout process. If you are purchasing ILT inventory, the system verifies that the number of seats being purchased is still available and that the user is able to purchase them. After purchasing the inventory, the inventory is visible on the Training Inventory page. See Training Inventory Administration.