Cornerstone Learn - UX Enhancements for Android
With this user experience (UX) enhancement, the Learn app has been updated to include the following features:
- A circular user profile icon will be implemented in the upper right-hand corner of the top app bar, replacing the Search icon. Settings, Log Out, Forget Me, and QR Code functionality will reside under this new user profile.
- The , , and links will be migrated from the navigation drawer to tappable icons within a fixed bottom navigation bar. Additionally, this bottom navigation bar will contain a Home icon and a Search icon, allowing all the main Learn app features to be easily accessible from any app page with a single tap.
- The navigation drawer will be renamed “Links,” and repositioned to the right side of the top app bar. It will continue to house any configured custom links, as well as the link.
This enhancement was made available with the Dec 4 2020 patch.
This functionality is automatically available to Android users of the Cornerstone Learn app with the Dec 4 patch. If the apps on a user's device are configured to auto-update, no action is required from the user in order to receive this functionality. If the apps on a user's device are not configured to auto-update, the user must download the latest version of the app from the Google Play store.
This functionality applies to Android version 22.214.171.124.
The user profile icon displays in the upper-right corner of the top app bar. Tapping the user profile icon opens the Profile page, where various settings and options can be accessed by the user.
On the Profile page, the user can access the following features:
- Settings - The user can tap this option to adjust their Learn app settings.
- Scan QR Code - The user can tap this option to access their QR code when attending a training session that uses QR codes for attendance tracking.
- Forget Me - The user can tap this option to reregister their Learn app account from their device. Any downloaded courses and user data associated with the app will be removed.
- Log Out - The user can tap this option to log out of the Learn app on their device.
Any custom links configured by the user's organization, as well as thelink, can be accessed by tapping the link in the upper-right corner of the top app bar.
Bottom Navigation Bar
A fixed navigation bar is available at the bottom of all pages of the Learn app. The navigation bar includes the following icons, if available to the user:
- Home - The user can tap this icon to navigate to the home screen.
- Search - The user can tap this icon to access Learning Search, through which they can search for training.
- Transcript - The user can tap this icon to access their Learning transcript page.
- Downloads - The user can tap this icon to view their downloaded courses.
- Approvals - Users with permission to manage training approval requests have access to an Approvals tab on the Cornerstone Learn app. To access the Approvals tab, tap the Approvals icon.