Learning Assessments are a reimagining of the legacy Test Engine experience. The first phase of this multi-release project was introduced with the February ’20 Release and focused on the administrator experience, with emphasis on assessment creation and assessment preview. The August ’20 and October '20 releases added additional functionality to the open beta, in Stage environments only, by focusing on the end user experience, the publishing workflow, assignment of assessments, and a simple version of the Attempts Review Page.
With the upcoming February '21 release, the expansion of the Learning Assessments open beta continues with the addition of the following features:
- Assessment completion reporting capabilities
- New security permission
- New navigation bar and filters available during the user's assessment completion process
Learning Assessment functionality is currently only available in Stage portals.
Because the Learning Assessments project remains in an open beta status, this functionality continues to only be available in Stage portals, and the following features included in the legacy Test Engine experience are NOT currently supported for Learning Assessments:
- Reporting beyond assessment completion, such as a timing report, item analysis, and Reporting 2.0 features
- Dynamic assignment
- Inclusion of assessments in curricula
- Using assessments as pre-work or post-work
- Transcript actions beyond launching and reviewing
- Images within assessments
- Essay question type
- Essay grading and the grader workflow
- Subject association
- Question categories
- Question bank
- Migration tools
- Bulk upload tools
- Bulk actions
The above list is not a fully comprehensive list of exclusions. Any feature not listed as available for assessments is not currently supported.
Learning Assessments functionality is in an open beta status, and is only available in Stage portals. Learning Assessments are automatically available in Stage portals with the Test Engine enabled, to administrators with permission to manage the Test Engine. Note: Learning Assessments functionality and Test Engine functionality can currently both be active in the portal at the same time.
With the February 2021 release, the new permission for managing learning assessments is required for administrators to access Learning Assessments functionality. This new permission is automatically given to any user with the permission to manage the Test Engine.
For more information about earlier phases of this beta project, released in February 2020, August 2020, and October 2020, please see the below documentation:
- Learning Assessments Beta Overview - See Learning Assessments - Admin Experience (Open Beta) - Overview.
- Assessments Home - See Assessments Home.
- Create Assessments - See Create Assessments.
- End User Experience of Assessments - See Assessments - End User Experience - Overview.
- Assigning Assessments - See Learning Assessments (Open Beta) - Learning Assignment Tool.
The following new permission applies to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Assessments - Manage||
Grants access to Learning Assessments (Beta) functionality, which allows administrators to create, edit, publish, and delete assessments in Stage portals only. This permission also allows administrators to delete users' assessment attempts.
|Learning - Administration|