Workday Core Data Inbound Integration Enhancements
With this enhancement, the Workday Core Data Inbound Integration now includes additional validations and functionality to improve the overall customer experience.
This includes the following enhancements:
- The system validates Override Field Mapping and Custom Field Mapping configurations; if invalid data is detected, an error message is displayed upon saving the Settings page, and an email notification is sent.
- An email notification is sent when invalid organizational unit (OU) configuration/settings are detected at start of OU sync run.
- If the User sync fails, the system automatically attempts to sync unprocessed user records in the next successful sync. This does not include user records that failed to sync due to a validation error, such as missing a required field.
- The email notification for the sync is enhanced with a Retried User row. This row details the number of user records that were retried and added, updated, or failed.
- The email log for the sync is enhanced with three new columns that are added between Status and Message:
- Record Sync Type - This indicates whether the user record is part of an original sync or a retry. If it is part of a retry, then "Retried User" is displayed. Otherwise, this is blank.
- Original Sync Date - For retried user records, this indicates the date and time at which the user record was originally attempted and failed to sync. The date-time is provided in UTC. For user records that are not being retried, this is blank.
- Original Request ID - For retried user records, this indicates the original request ID for which the user record was originally attempted and failed to sync. For user records that are not being retried, this is blank.
Integration Guide and Resources
This functionality is enabled by default for organizations using the Workday Core Data Inbound Integration in Edge.
Documentation and instructions will be updated in the Workday Core Data Inbound Integration tile in Edge upon release of the enhancements.