Prior to skills profiles, many organizations faced challenges in setting up, maintaining, and scaling organizational skills, investing hundreds of hours defining the relevant skills for each job in their organization while employees had to manually add skills to their Universal Profile. Getting employees to fill out their Universal Profile with skills was often a struggle. Gathering feedback on skills was laborious and administrator-driven. There was a need for an accurate way to identify the talent landscape.
Cornerstone's AI-powered Skills Graph automatically detects and suggests skills that employees might have based on their profile data, making it easier for employees to declare what they're capable of, which skills they want to develop, and which they don’t want to develop now. This enables more personalized content recommendations and more meaningful career development conversations.
With the Capabilities Library and Skills Profile:
- Cornerstone's AI-powered Skills Graph automatically imports skills into the Capabilities Library. (Administrators can screen skills before they are published for employees to see.)
- Cornerstone's AI-powered Skills Graph automatically associates relevant skills to each employee job title using data collected from over 250 million profiles worldwide, across all industries and organization sizes.
- Employees can declare which skills they currently have, which skills they want to further develop, and which ones they do not currently want to develop. (Employees are given a jump start with automatically suggested skills they can declare and the ability to view full skill descriptions.)
- Employees can also self-rate their proficiency, interest, and enjoyment for specific skills, and receive skill proficiency ratings from their peers.
- Organizations can continue to use their internally defined skills in addition to the skills from Cornerstone's Skills Graph.
- Organizations should experience a faster implementation time to get their capabilities library up and running.
This functionality is intended for organizations that are interested in gathering more data on their employees’ capabilities and organizations that want to encourage employee-driven development, where employees can build robust profiles, request ratings from peers, and rate peers.
It is challenging for administrators to maintain a complete list of relevant skills for their organization. Using Cornerstone's Skills Graph, it becomes much easier for an organization to maintain the right list of skills. The Capabilities Library connects company-specific skills and competencies and the Cornerstone Skills Graph for a new administrator experience.
Know your employees' capabilities at a deeper level with the Skills Profile. With the Skills Profile, it's easy for employees to quickly request manager, peer, or 360 skill ratings using the out-of-the-box templates that come with the Skills Profile. Visibility can be controlled to ensure that only those intended can view rating results (private, public, or limited to certain relationships).
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
With the Capabilities Library and Skills Profile, employees can manage their skills with intelligent skill suggestions using Cornerstone's new AI-powered Skills Graph and request skill proficiency ratings from their peers.
Included with the Open Beta (Available in Stage and Pilot with the October '20 Release)
- Manage a library of capabilities
- Create, edit, delete, and deactivate capabilities
- Localize capability names and descriptions
- Set portal preferences for proficiency levels and rating scales
- Automatically import suggested skills into the Capabilities Library
- Skills Profile View/Access Skills Profile from Universal Profile (UP)
- User onboarding wizard to guide employees
- Manually search and declare skills on profile
- Peer ratings on proficiency
- Request peer ratings
- Automatically import suggested skills into the Capabilities Library
- Self-rating on Proficiency, Interest, and Enjoyment
- Confidence Ladder visualization of an employee's skill proficiency
- Rating history to view previous skill ratings
Included with the Early Adopter (Available in Stage and Pilot at the Start of UAT)
- Employees can view the full results from their rating requests.
- Administrators can manage the status (draft, active, inactive) of each skill, affecting which skills can be seen by employees.
- Administrators can configure rating templates and determine which kinds of ratings are available to employees.
- Administrators can version rating scales.
- Administrators have the option (during enablement) to run a one-time scan of all employee profiles using the Skills Graph, automatically generating suggested skills for all active users in the portal and pre-populating the library with skills relevant to the organization.
- All features previously announced as part of Open Beta in October 2020.
Included with the Early Adopter (Not Available in Stage and Pilot at the Start of UAT)
- Administrators can report on employee skills, including suggested, declared, and developing skills for each person.
- Administrators can localize rating scales and template labels.
- Employees can open rating request shareable links using an SSO URL.
AI-powered Skills Graph suggestions are supported for English, French, Spanish, German, and Portuguese languages. Administrators can manually localize skills into additional languages. Employees in non-supported languages can manually add skills to their profile.
Skills Profile and Capabilities Library (Open Beta) features introduced in the October '20 Release are available today in stage and pilot.
Skills Profile and Capabilities Library (Early Adopter) features are available in stage and pilot by default at the start of UAT except for reporting, localizing rating scales and template labels, and SSO links for rating requests.
Skills Profile and Capabilities Library (Early Adopter) features will be available in production for all customers to self-enable in a post-release patch. Administrators in the System Administrator role will have access to the Skills Profile, Capabilities Preferences, and Capabilities Library by default.
- Capability - Capabilities describe what a person can do or what they know. This may include skills, competencies, knowledge, and other types of data.
The following new permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Capabilities - Skills Profile - View||Grants a user the ability to view the Skills Profile. Users who have this permission may view the Skills Profile for anyone in the organization. However, individual ratings have privacy settings that control visibility within the Skills Profile. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an end user permission.||Core Administration|
|Capability Library - Edit||Grants ability to view, create, and edit capabilities via the Capability Library. Administrators with this permission cannot delete capabilities or change the status of a capability. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|Capability Library - Manage||Grants ability to view, create, edit, and delete capabilities via the Capability Library. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|Capability Preferences - Manage||Grants ability to create and edit proficiency levels and rating scales for capabilities via Capabilities Preferences. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|User Rating Scales - Manage||Grants ability to manage rating scales for capabilities. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|User Rating Templates - Manage||Grants ability to manage rating scale templates for capabilities. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
Upon release, the new Capabilities - Skills Profile - View, Capability Library - Edit, Capability Library - Manage, Capability Preferences - Manage, User Rating Scales - Manage, and User Rating Templates - Manage permissions are automatically granted to the default System Administrator role. Administrators must grant this permission with the appropriate constraints to other roles, if necessary.