With this enhancement, aoption is added to the job details page for jobs that are eligible to be referred to external candidates. This option lets employees refer a job by email to a candidate, such as a colleague or relative.
Jobs are eligible for referral when they are posted to the default external career site for the requisition, as defined on the Postings page for the requisition.
If the job is eligible for referral and contains a referral bonus, the referral bonus appears at the top of the job details page. If Internal Career Site Preferences are set to hide referral relationships, then the referral bonus does not display.
Pre-Step Note: At least one email must be configured for the Referral to External Email email in Email Administration in order for users to be able to refer jobs from the internal career site. If an email is not configured, then users will receive an error message when they click . The email should include the REFERRAL.LINK email tag so that the referral is linked to the employee who referred the job. This tag also allows the referred candidate quick access to the job details page.
To access the Internal Career Site page, go to
|EMAIL NAME||EMAIL DESCRIPTION||ACTION TYPE|
To refer a candidate:
- Navigate to the job details page by clicking the name of the job on the job search page of the internal career site.
- Click at the top or bottom of the job details page. This opens the Refer a Candidate flyout.
- Enter the email address in the Candidate's Email field. This is the email address of the person you would like to refer.
- Select Yes or No to indicate whether you are related to the candidate.
- Enter a message in the Message to candidate field. This is optional. Note: This message only appears in the email if the administrator configured the email to allow the message to appear.
The administrator must include the EMAIL.CUSTOM.MESSAGE email tag in the email.
- Select the language in the Preferred Language field in which you would like the email to appear for the candidate.
- Click Note: The email may have been configured by the administrator to be sent to members of the hiring team as well. . This emails the job referral to the candidate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Credit for referring a job to a candidate is dependent upon the way your organization has set up referral credit.
- Candidate Applies Via Referral Email - If the candidate you referred applies to the job after clicking the referral link in the referral email, then you will receive credit for the referral.
- Candidate Applies with Email Address Used in Referral - If the candidate you referred applies to the job using the same email address to which the referral was sent, then you will receive credit for the referral.
- Candidate Applies to Any Job After You Refer Them - If your system administrator has enabled the setting that allows the referring employee to essentially "own" the candidate, and the candidate you referred a) applies to any job after clicking the referral link in the referral email, or b) applies to any job using the same email address to which the referral was sent, then you will receive credit for the referral.
If the candidate applies using the referral link in the referral email that you sent, then you are considered the referrer, regardless of how many other employees sent the candidate a referral.
However, if the candidate applies using a different method than the referral link in the email but includes the same email address that was used to send the referral email, then the referral credit goes to the oldest valid referral.
If a bonus is configured for the job you referred, you will need to contact someone within your organization for information about the referral bonus.