In 2019, a redesigned Learning Details page was released as an Early Adopter enhancement. As of the August 2020 release, the Learning Details page was removed from Early Adopter status and became generally available. All portals were auto-upgraded to the redesigned Learning Details page, though administrators can still disable the page manually for supported training types.
With the October 2020 release, the following enhancements have been made to the redesigned Learning Details page:
- Ability to Control Data Display (made available with the Sept 11 patch) - See Learning Details Redesign - Ability to Control Data Display.
- Price Visible Preference Moved to Learning Details Preferences - See Price Visible Preference Moved to Learning Details Preferences.
- Primary Actions for Training with Recurrence - See Learning Details Redesign - Primary Actions for Training with Recurrence.
- Badge Display - See Learning Details Redesign - Badges.
The redesigned Learning Details page is available for the following training types:
The following training types are NOT currently scheduled to be updated to the new Learning Details page design:
Exclusions and Considerations
The following Learning Details exclusions apply to ALL supported training types:
- Anonymous Browsing is not yet supported. This means that any configured self-registration workflows will continue to direct to the legacy Learning Details page
- No training types can be added to a Training Plan via the Learning Details page
- The ability to edit or delete ratings and reviews is not supported on the Learning Details page
The following Learning Details exclusions apply to VIDEO training items only:
- Video preview functionality is not supported
The following Learning Details exclusions apply to CURRICULUM training items only:
- Child training description, price, and transcript status are not supported on the Learning Details page
- Display of sections, beyond one level of nesting, are not supported.
The following Learning Details considerations apply to EVENTS and SESSIONS only:
- Session Details - Sessions no longer have a dedicated Details page. Session details are now found in the Session flyout when the link is clicked for a session
- Sessions Display - The Upcoming Sessions list for an event now displays all sessions available to the user. The ability to view sessions that are not available to the user is not supported.
The price of a session displays on the Session flyout, but event pricing does not display on the Learning Details page.
- Session custom fields and resources are not supported on the Learning Details page.
- Map view is not supported on the Learning Details page.
- link - This link, which is available for the legacy Event Details page, is NOT available when viewing the new Learning Details page for an event
- Add to Waitlist - Users are no longer prompted with a pop-up to confirm whether they want to be added to the waitlist. Instead, they can access a link, which if clicked, immediately places them on the waitlist and redirects them to their transcript page
In August 2020, the new Learning Details page was enabled by default for all training types supported by the Learning Details Redesign. Administrators can manually disable the Learning Details page for individual training types until February 2020, via the Page Enablement Preferences section on the Learning Details Preferences page. With the February 2021 release, administrators will no longer be able to disable the Learning Details page in any capacity, and all portals will be automatically upgraded to the new Learning Details page for all supported training types. Portals using a customized version of the legacy Learning Details page will be impacted by this enhancement, but the redesigned Learning Details page can be customized in the same way.
- For information about disabling the Learning Details page in your portal: See Learning Details Preferences.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Learning Details Preferences||Grants ability to manage Learning Details preferences via the Learning Details Preferences page. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|