The following training push notifications are available for both the Android and iOS versions of the Cornerstone Learn app:
In order for a user to receive any of the above push notifications, the corresponding email triggers need to be active and configured to include the recipient in the Email Availability settings. These triggers include:
- Assign Training
- Training Request Denied
- Training is Due (if multiple Training is Due emails are configured for a training, a user will receive all such notifications on the corresponding days)
- Approve Training Request
- Request Training
For more information about configuring email triggers via Email Administration: See Email - Create.
The following considerations apply to push notifications for the Cornerstone Learn app:
- While there is no setting to disable push notifications in the Learn app, notifications can be disabled from your device settings at any time via the Notifications section of the Settings page.
- Push notifications are disabled for multi-user devices. If more than one user shares a device, push notifications are not sent.
- If enabled, push notifications appear on the home screen of the user's device, even when they are not logged in to the app.
- All training notifications display regardless of whether the training is mobile-enabled.
- Push notifications expire and are automatically removed after one year from the date of receipt.
- If users have viewed the Training Details page of a training item for which they received a push notification, they will be navigated to the Training Details page for the training when they tap the notification. If the user has NOT viewed the Training Details page of the item, they will be navigated to the Transcript page when they tap the notification. This is due to application cache, and this behavior will be modified in a future patch so that end users will always be navigated to the Training Details page after tapping a training push notification.
- If user is logged in to the app when they tap a push notification, they are navigated to the relevant application area, such as the Transcript, Training Details page, or Approvals list, as specified in the table above.
- If a user is not logged in to the app when they tap a push notification, they will be redirected to the login page and prompted to log in. After logging in, user will be directed to the application area, as specified in the table above.
Push notifications can be disabled for an entire portal via a backend setting. Please contact GPS to request this.
- Training assigned via the Learning Assignment Tool will not trigger Training Assigned or Training is Due push notifications to the end user. Training assigned via the Learning Assignment Tool is processed through a separate queue.
- Training is Due Push Notifications will only be sent when a training item is assigned directly from a manager, with a due date associated.
- Notifications are not sent to multi-user devices. If a user logs into multiple Cornerstone environments from their device, this counts as a multi-user device, and notifications are not sent.