With this enhancement, administrators with permission to manage tests are able to publish learning assignments. Publishing an assessment adds the assessment to the Course Catalog, where metadata can be configured for it. A published assignment is treated as a learning object (LO) within the system, and can be assigned, added to users' transcripts, and launched.
To access the Assessments Home page, go to:and click the link.
An assessment can be published from the Assessments Home page and also during the assessment creation process. To publish an assessment from the Assessments Home page:
- Click the Options menu to the right of the assessment you want to publish.
- Click the Publish option within the menu. This opens an Edit view of the assessment.
- If needed, you can make edits to the draft assessment. When the assessment is ready to publish, click the Note: The button is also available when creating a new assessment, allowing you to create and publish an assessment during the same workflow. You can also publish a draft of any assessment from the Assessment Builder or Assessment Details page. button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- A confirmation pop-up appears, allowing you to either confirm the publish action or cancel the publish action and return to the Edit view of the assessment. Click the , publish button to publish the assessment. Click the , cancel button to return to the edit view of the assessment. Note: If there are no questions contained in the assessment draft, you will receive an error and will not be able to publish it until you add at least one question.
- After the assessment has been published, you are navigated to the Assessments Home page, where the newly published assessment displays in the Assessments table in a Published status. For published assessments, the Launch option becomes available in the table, allowing you to launch the assessment and view it from the end user perspective.
Important: Once an assessment is published, the assessment is locked and can no longer be edited by administrators. This is because versioning is not yet supported by Learning Assessment functionality.
- Published assessments become available in the Course Catalog and Course Console, where administrators can configure metadata for them. See Learning Assessments (Open Beta) Enhancements - Course Console Access.
- Published assessments also become available to select in the Learning Assignment Tool (LAT), allowing assessments to be assigned to users via standard assignment. See Learning Assessments (Open Beta) Enhancements - Learning Assignment Tool.