Capabilities describe what a person can do or what they know. The Capabilities Library enables administrators to view, create, edit, and delete capabilities. Once capabilities are available, users can add them to their profile as skills they have or skills they would like to develop.
Important: The Capabilities and Skills Profile functionality is currently in an Open Beta status. As a result, the functionality is evolving weekly, and this documentation may become out of date or incomplete. The next scheduled update of this documentation is scheduled for the February 2021 release. For feature updates and the most up-to-date documentation, please visit the Capabilities Beta community in the Cornerstone Success Center.
To access the Capabilities Library, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Capability Library - Edit||Grants ability to view, create, and edit capabilities via the Capability Library. Administrators with this permission cannot delete capabilities or change the status of a capability. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|Capability Library - Manage||Grants ability to view, create, edit, and delete capabilities via the Capability Library. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
To create a capability, select the See Capabilities Library - Create/Edit Capability.button.
To edit an existing capability, select the See Capabilities Library - Create/Edit Capability.link for the appropriate capability in the Capabilities list.
To delete an existing capability, select the Note: This option is not available for capabilities that are part of the Cornerstone Skills Taxonomy.icon to the right of the appropriate capability in the Capabilities list, and select the option.
Search and Filter Capabilities
By default, all capabilities are listed by last modified date, with the most recently modified capabilities listed first.
- To change the sort order, select the appropriate sort option from the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the page.
- To search for a capability, enter the appropriate search terms in the Search capabilities field and select the Magnifying Glass icon .
The following information is listed for each existing capability:
- Name - This displays the name that was given for the capability when it was created or modified.
- Source - This displays how the capability was added to the system.
- Created - This displays the date on which the capability was created and the administrator who created it.
- Modified - This displays the date on which the capability was last modified and the administrator who modified it.