Note: This feature was released as part of the 5 June 2020 patch.
Prior to this enhancement, calculated fields could be created in Custom Reports but were not available in Reporting 2.0. In addition, only eight functions were available, and they were only aggregate functions.
With this enhancement, calculated fields can be created in Reporting 2.0. Calculated fields enable organizations to generate aggregated reports based on totals of data. Having this functionality available in Reporting 2.0 will help administrators, managers, and analysts to create simple, custom calculations of their reporting data without having to export and manipulate that data in a different tool.
For detailed information about creating and using calculated fields, see the following topics in Online Help:
- Feature Overview - See Reporting 2.0 - Calculated Fields Overview.
- Create Calculated Field - See Create Calculated Field.
- View and Use My Calculated Fields - See View My Calculated Fields.
- Edit/Copy/Delete Calculated Field - See Edit, Copy, or Delete Calculated Field.
- View and Use Global Calculated Fields - See View Global Calculated Fields.
- Sharing Reports that Have Calculated Fields - See Shared Reports with Calculated Fields.
As part of the release of calculated fields in the 5 June 2020 patch, the user interface (UI) in Reporting 2.0 offers a cleaner, more simplified look than the existing functionality in Custom Reports. Additional calculation functions have been added, and every function includes use examples.
With the calculated fields functionality, you can also:
- Create fields that contain a mix of text, math, date, and logical functions/operators to enhance your reporting capabilities
- Follow a guided user experience for leveraging the calculated fields feature
- Import your existing custom reports containing calculated fields
- Expect ongoing development to support new functions based on feedback
The ability to create calculated fields was available in Reporting 2.0 for all portals as part of the 5 June 2020 patch release.
The following existing permission applies to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Reporting - Manage Global Calculated Fields||
Grants the ability to publish calculated fields to all users. This permission cannot be constrained.
Note: Calculated fields can be created by all users who have permission to create reports in Reporting 2.0. However, in order to publish the calculated field globally, a user needs permission to manage global calculated fields.
For more information about Reporting 2.0 permissions, see the following: