Skillsoft Percipio Integration
With this enhancement, the new Percipio integration is available, allowing organizations to manage their Percipio content from within their Cornerstone learning management system (LMS). Using this integration, an organization’s Percipio content can be automatically synchronized with the LMS Course Catalog on a daily basis, and the synchronized content can be managed by administrators in the same manner as content created manually within the LMS. Synced Percipio courses include pre-populated metadata, such as keywords, descriptions, modalities, thumbnail images, and more. Percipio courses are also automatically configured as mobile-ready and can be accessed by learners via the Cornerstone Learn app.
When learners launch Percipio content from their portal, the training can be completed from a pop-up window with no additional login required. The learner's progress is tracked in their transcript and can be reported on using Reporting 2.0 when it is launched from the Cornerstone portal.
The following sync functionality is included with the integration:
- Synchronization of new and updated Percipio courses
- Synchronization of retired Percipio courses
- Embedded SAML SSO
This integration is not available during UAT.
The following considerations apply to this functionality:
- Percipio courses are loaded to the portal designated as the online content training type
- Percipio courses are loaded to the portal with Percipio-US or Percipio-EU specified as the training provider
- Percipio courses include the Percipio course type as part of the course title (Channel, Audiobook, Linked Content, etc.)
- Subjects are not currently supported by the integration
Custom Fields are assigned no value when Percipio courses are synced. Organizations can manually update the custom field with the relevant values. Custom fields are NOT overwritten by course synchronizations
- Only Percipio courses launched from the Cornerstone LMS are tracked, and only Completion Status is recorded for Percipio courses
The Percipio integration can be purchased for an additional cost via the Edge Marketplace. Once purchased, the integration can be configured by an administrator via Edge Integrate. Percipio courses will be available within 24 hours after enabling the integration. Note: Edge integrations can be enabled for no cost in Pilot and Stage portals, allowing organizations to test the integration prior to purchasing.
Two Percipio integration tiles are available in the Edge Marketplace:
- Percipio-US - This version of the integration is for US-based organizations
- Perciptio-EU - This version of the integration is for European Union or global companies (including US-based) which have employees located in Europe
Note: If an existing Percipio integration exists for the organization, it must be disabled prior to enabling the new integration.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Course Catalog - View||
Grants access to view the learning objects in the course catalog and enables administrators to view the Course Console and the Popular Requests and Highest Rated widgets on the Learning Admin Console (in conjunction with the Learning Admin Console - View permission). This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, Training Type, Training Item, Provider, ILT Provider, User's ILT Provider, and User's LO Availability. This is an administrator permission.
Adding an OU constraint and a provider constraint to this permission results in an "AND" statement.
|Learning - Administration|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|