With this enhancement, training items that have a custom thumbnail image configured, either by an administrator or via a content subscription, display this thumbnail image on the Learning Details page. This helps facilitate an improved user interface (UI) for learners. Thumbnail image visibility can be controlled on the Learning Details Preferences page. If thumbnails have been disabled for an organizational unit (OU) type via the Learning Details Preferences page, thumbnail images do not display for that type of training item. Note: With the August release, custom thumbnail images are configured to display by default. Because the Learning Details Preferences page is not available in Production with the August release, control over thumbnail image display is not yet available, but this control will be available when the Learning Details Preferences page is made available in Production.
- Recommended image dimensions: Aspect ratio of 2:1, and image size of 660x336. The minimum recommended size is 220x112.
- The following image types can be uploaded for use as a thumbnail image via: bmp, gif, jpg, jpeg, and png.
For more information about configuring thumbnail images for training, see the following resources:
- To download a zipped file of the default learning object (LO) thumbnails used in the system: See Default Learning Object Thumbnail Images.
- To set a thumbnail image for an individual training item: See Course Catalog - General.
- To set thumbnail images for multiple training items at one time: See Course Catalog - Batch Edit - Thumbnail Images.
- To configure default thumbnail images by training type: See Default Training Image Preferences.