Display Failed Status for Online Classes
Prior to this enhancement, if a user received a failing score for an online class, the Failed status was not reflected in the user interface (UI) or in any reporting. Additionally, some course formats, such as SCORM 1.2 and AICC, cannot progress from an In Progress status if they are failed by the user. However, other course formats, such as SCORM 2004, can still be completed even if failed by the user.
With this enhancement, SCORM 2004, SCORM 1.2, and AICC courses that send a Failed status to the Cornerstone system display a Failed status in the learner’s transcript and do not move to the Completed section of the transcript. Online classes with failed statuses are not considered complete and do not count toward the completion of certifications or curricula. The Failed status can also be reported on.
Known Issue: When reversioning an Online Course with Failed users, they are not included in any of the training status categories (Not Started, In Progress, Completed). With an August 21 patch fix, Failed users will be included in the In Progress status category.
The following considerations apply to this functionality:
- No new fields have been added to reporting functionality, but a report output of Failed can be generated by reporting fields that display transcript statuses.
- The Failed status only displays for online classes launched while the feature is enabled. The Failed status is not applied retroactively. Online classes in a Completed status do not update to Failed even if relaunched.
- Online classes that are in progress at the time this enhancement is enabled in a portal have the potential to return a Failed status when they are relaunched
The following exclusions apply to this functionality:
- xAPI online classes and online content are not supported by this enhancement.
- The Failed status is not currently supported by Historic Data Loads or the Data Load Wizard.
- Failed statuses are not supported in the following system areas:
This functionality can be self-activated via the Learning Feature Activation Preferences page. See Feature Activation Preferences - Activate Failed Status.
Once enabled, the Failed status is available in the following system areas:
- Transcript page
- Training Details page
- Learner Home
- Learning Details page
- Cornerstone Learn app
- Reports that use fields which can display transcript statuses
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Learning Features Self Activation||Grants access to the Feature Activation Preferences page, where an administrator can activate new features associated with Learning, Connect and Extended Enterprise.||Learning - Administration|