See below for details about the playlist functionality now available within the Cornerstone Learn app:
Search and Filter by Playlists
- Users can search for and filter by playlists on the Learning Search page.
- If the user taps a playlist from the Learning Search page, they are navigated to the Playlist Details page for the playlist.
- Users can only search for playlists that are public.
- Search is disabled when a user is offline.
- Users can follow any public playlist in their portal via the Learn app.
- To follow a playlist, navigate to the Playlist Details page for the playlist and tap the Note: If the user is offline, the button is disabled. button.
- A new Playlist content carousel is available on the Learner Home page of the Learn app. Users can scroll through the carousel to view suggested playlists.
- The title and positioning of this carousel respects the configurations made via Learner Home Preferences.
Access Playlist Training
- Users can consume any mobile-enabled content contained in a playlist from within the Learn app. Available actions for the training include Request, Launch, Complete, Save for Later, and View Training Details.
- Playlists respect the Mobile Enabled filter, meaning that if this filter is enabled, the user will only see playlists that are mobile-enabled on the Playlist Details page.
If a user is offline, they will only be able to consume training that was previously downloaded.
Launch External Content
- Users can launch external content contained in a playlist from within the Learn app.
View Playlist Metrics
- A Playlist Metrics card displays on the Learner Home page of the app, indicating how many playlists the user has created. Note: The card will display a 0 if the user has not created any playlists, but they can still access their followed playlists by tapping this card and tapping the Followed tab.
- Tap the Playlist Metrics card to navigate to a My Playlists page, which is separated into two tabs: Created and Followed. Any playlists the user has created display on the Created tab. Any playlists the user is following display on the Followed page.
- In the Android version of the app, a link is also available. Tapping this option navigates the user to the My Playlists page.
Note: Playlists cannot be created from the Learn app. To create a playlist, access the system via a desktop device.
- Learn app users can share playlists with others using the app.
- To share a playlist, navigate to the Playlist Details page for the playlist and tap the Options drop-down. Tap the Share option to receive a link to the playlist which can be shared with other users.
- The Share option is not available when the user is offline or if the playlist is private.